This is the new and improved way for patients that are registered with an Eastern Cheshire GP Practice to access community physiotherapy services for patients experiencing conditions affecting the muscle and skeleton. The aim of the new online self-referral form is to enable patients to activate a referral of treatment without having to visit your GP.
Please click here to complete your online physiotherapy self-referral form
At Alderley Edge Medical Practice, we currently have Physiofit Ltd who are providing physiotherapy services local to our population. Through the self-referral you will have the choice of various providers in the East Cheshire area.
It is important that you do not self-refer if you have any of the following conditions without consulting your GP first:
- Changes in your bladder and bowel habits
- A hot swollen joint
- Constant severe pain and you are unable to find relief
- Weakness, pins and needles, loss of feeling
- Unexpected weight loss
- Respiratory conditions
- Neurological conditions
- Post amputation (if specialist equipment not available)
- Women’s health problems (except symphysis pubis dysfunction)
- Patients in their own homes that do not meet the criteria for domiciliary care
- Patients, requiring joint injections as part of palliative care
- Patients who have undergone extensive, complicated surgery, as defined by the operating consultant for an orthopaedic or rheumatological condition which requires specialist intervention
If you have any of the following problems then please seek urgent medical help via A+E or by ringing for an ambulance on 999.
- Patients who require emergency treatment (immediate, serious and life threatening)
- If you have recently or suddenly developed difficulties passing urine or controlling bladder/bowels, numbness or tingling around your back passage or genitals, numbness/pins and needles or weakness in both legs.
Please also note:
- Patients below the age of 18 must attend their appointment with a chaperone
- You are unable to access this service within 6 months if it is for the same condition
- The service offers advice/guidance/self-management support, an initial face to face assessment, and/or up to three treatment appointments as part of NHS funding
Please click here to complete your online physiotherapy self-referral form.