Accessibility statement for Alderley Edge Medical Practice
This website is run by Alderley Edge Medical Practice. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Keyboard navigation in Mac OS
For keyboard navigation to work in Mac OS an option has to be turned on:
System Preferences Keyboard Shortcuts
In that panel is a check box labelled “Use keyboard navigation to move focus between controls”. Check that box and Restart your browser for the change to take effect.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- some of our downloadable documents may not fully accessible to screen reader software
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- call 01625 584 545
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 7 days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, call or email us to report the issue:
- call 01625 584 545
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’) and the Equality Act 2010. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
If you are based in Northern Ireland, please contact the Equalities Commission for Northern Ireland (ECNI) instead of the EASS and EHRC.
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Alderley Edge Medical Practice is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 and the Equality Act 2010.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
This site may contain older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
Google Maps – There’s a limit to how far you can magnify the embedded Google Map on our ‘contact us’ page. The code for this map is supplied by Google and we are unable to make amendments to it.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 3rd August 2020.
Site compliance was checked using a combination of manual testing and third party tools, including:
- axe – Web Accessibility Testing (https://www.deque.com/axe/)
- WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (https://wave.webaim.org/)
- WebAIM Contrast Checker (https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/)
- HTML_CodeSniffer (https://squizlabs.github.io/HTML_CodeSniffer/)
- Pa11y – Automated accessibility testing (https://pa11y.org/)
This statement was prepared on23rd September 2019. It was last updated on 3rd August 2020.